HOW MUCH IS THAT DOGGY IN THE WINDOW?!
Well, it depends. Is it a MUTT? Is it a pedigree? Does it have papers? What breed is it?
The same holds true with balloon arches. The price of an arch depends on a variety of factors. And many questions must be asked before we can help our customer determine a price. It’s not sneaky salesmanship or some mystical secret….it’s a formula. And there are many factors for us to consider before we throw out a dollar figure.
When customers call us looking for arch prices, we ask the following questions:
1. Where is it going?
2. What is the occasion?
3. How big does it need to be?
4. What area are you looking to hi-light?
6. Is it going indoors or outdoors?
6. What TYPE of arch are you looking to purchase? Is it a simple balloon arch or a thick balloon arch?
Once we get those questions answered, we proceed.
A string of pearls arch is a simple arch. It can go behind a table, across a table, behind doors, in front of doors.
A table sized arch is less than $50.00 when we use 11″ latex balloons.
A string of pearls arch marks an entrance. Arches like this must be set up on site and they start at $150 and go up depending on how it is built, the length and the type of balloons used.
We can dress up a string of pearl arch with accents such as skinny balloons and ribbons.
A string of pearls arch can also use foil balloons.
The string of pearl arch is sturdy enough for indoor use, but we generally do NOT recommend it for outdoor use. If there is any amount of wind, the arch will blow all over. String of pearl arches are practical and beautiful for many different indoor occasions.
The second type of arch we recommend is a Link-O-Loon arch. A Link-O-Loon is a special type of balloon that has a tip and a tail so that they can be connected together easily.
Our classic Link-O-Loon arch is around $100.00. It is easy to transport. It bends and folds….and it does NOT tangle. Most organizations find money in their budget for this type of arch even when their budget is tight.
This arch went across two 8 foot tables.
This arch was purchased by a local store that wanted to draw attention to their trade show exhibit. Again, it doesn’t bust the budget and it surely attracts attention. It’s worth every penny.
The third type of arch is what we call a packed arch. A packed arch is a sturdy arch which is typically used for fundraisers, walks and races. It usually marks a starting point. A packed arch is also used for grand openings, open houses and special sales for our business customers.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with a red ribbon on the arch.
Outdoor Balloon Arch in a very windy location.
We create these packed arches in different styles (Box or rounded) and in any color combination. They are thick and sturdy. We use 100% helium for 3/4 of the arch. Sometimes we build the arch on two bases…..sometimes we use two cement blocks to hold the arch down….it depends on the weather conditions and the length of the arch.
1. How much does it cost? Packed arches start at around $350.00. Larger arches that go over 2 lanes of traffic are more than double. We determine the price based on exact measurements once we do a field visit to see the area.
2. How long does it last? It depends upon the weather. If it’s a mild 65 degree day and if we use light colored latex balloons, the arch will last most or all of the day. If it’s a 100 degree day and sunny, the arch won’t last as long. We do take precautionary measures such as using light-colored latex and under-inflating 16″ balloons…..however, we cannot guarantee outdoor balloon decor. If it’s windy or rainy, the arch may tip or become top heavy. If possible, during the rain we will move the arch under a tent. Having a plan B is helpful to our customers.
3. Can I cancel if the weather looks bad? This is a tough situation because we reserve the time to create the arch JUST FOR OUR CUSTOMER. We purchase the supplies, book our staff and plan our helium. As a store, we generally follow this protocol. 50% is a down payment for materials and it in NON-REFUNDABLE. If the weather looks like it is going to be bad, the customer may RESCHEDULE the balloon arch with no penalty if they notify us within 48 hours. We generally call our customer to talk about a plan B. If the customer does not cancel and if the weather is horrible, we will do our best to substitute designs which will hold up better in the conditions. For example, one year for a breast cancer walk….the wind was 40-50 mph. Since the walk still went on, we did 5 air-filled columns instead of 1 large arch.
Another thing for customers to know is that your balloon team will need electricity and about 3 hours worth of TIME to complete the job.
We can go on forever about ARCHES. We hope we did our best to explain how much an arch will cost. However, each situation and each event is INDIVIDUAL and there are a lot of factors that need to be considered. Complimentary consultations are available by calling It’s My Party 219-322-7777.